Become a Slingshot Mentor
Slingshot is on a mission to change the prospects of startups for good and we need your help to do it. We’re constantly on the look out for experienced mentors to help us nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Being a mentor is all about guidance and and helping your entrepreneur to achieve their goals and realize their passion and potential. You’ll help them understand problems, identify solutions and implement their plans.
Am I eligible?
We are looking for people who have experience in business either working for companies in middle to senior manager roles or people with entrepreneurial experience who have a desire to make a difference.
What do I get out of being a mentor?
- Paid for service
- Personal satisfaction of being able to give something back
- Chance to pass on all you have learned about good business to someone who will benefit from your experience
- Utilize your skills and guide your entrepreneur through a key stage in their career
- You’ll learn as much from your mentee as they do from you
- You’ll feel energized thanks to your entrepreneur’s fresh enthusiasm
- the chance to watch a young businessperson grow and develop with your help and support
- you’ll be involved in the start of the Slingshot community of mentors and be able take part in our regular networking events
What’s the commitment?
We appreciate that your time is limited, but we ask all of our mentors to commit a minimum of two hours each month for the first three months and then least one hour a month for the rest of the year. However, we often find that mentors enjoy the experience so much that they give more time than just the required minimum.